Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Holy Fire


Worshippers holds candles at the Church of Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem's Old City during the Christian Orthodox Holy Fire Ceremony.


The Holy Fire Ceremony inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

I had a bit of a last minute flap getting my first year 2 essay completed last night, partly as I forgot there was a self assessment sheet to be completed and handed in with it, still, it is complete and has been handed in.  The essay on the practical and ritual dimension of religion will be the first of around 30 essays and 4 exams that will make up the scoring part of my degree.  I have done well scoring distinctions on the year 1 courses, but you only have to pass year 1, years 2 and 3 are the scoring years.

I now have about 5 weeks in which to learn enough about Christianity to write a 1,750 word essay on either the role of women in Christian thought, or division and unity from Nicaea and Chalcedon to the present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment