Monday, June 25, 2012

Ilkley's Olympic Torch Relay


Work was closed due to flooding so went uptown to watch the Olympic torch being carried through Ilkley. 3/4 hour before the torch is due and people are gathering in some numbers.


It won't be often that the police get a huge cheer just for turning up.


People getting high 5's from the bike cops.


Drink Pepsi, or neither, Scroobius Pip teaches "Don't buy Coca-Cola products, don't buy Nestle products."


Pretty girls, no other reason.


The main Olympic sponsor is of course Jim Robinson Decorators, here is Jim's van in the middle of the Olympic convoy.  You can call him for a quote you know. Still, I think he should have made more of an effort, even one of those plastic torches on the ladder would have made all the difference.


Huzzah! Hooray! Here is the torch.


Followed by a few minutes of friendly anarchy as people wander around on the road.

9 comments:

  1. http://youtu.be/kYAMQDyP1AI lol very funny! i got caught in the convoy by accident but caught it all on my camera phone on the link abovecheck it out.
    www.jimrobinsondecorators.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:24 am

    I really like what you guys are usually up too.
    Such clever work and coverage! Keep up the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.
    My page > http://africanamericansupersite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:06 am

    I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
    1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?
    Also see my web page > lrg clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:19 am

    Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering
    if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!
    Feel free to visit my blog ... online insurance quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:12 pm

    Keep this going please, great job!
    Also visit my weblog - hosting plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:12 am

    If some one wishes expert view concerning blogging after that i suggest him/her to pay
    a visit this web site, Keep up the good job.
    Also see my web page: www.smassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:47 pm

    Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and
    wanted to mention that I have really loved browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
    my page > quit smoking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:06 pm

    When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time
    a comment is added I get three e-mails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!
    Look at my page ; seo India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:07 am

    Hola! I've been following your site for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!
    Here is my web site : Wiki.valiantentertainment.com

    ReplyDelete