Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Elluminate LiveImage via WikipediaI did my first online lesson with the Open University this week, just a taster session to learn how to use the online libraries and databases, plus other useful stuff like the university SCONUL access scheme.  The interface was really easy to use, although I couldn't get it to accept my microphone, and during a part of the discussion on searching the library it struck me that the Elluminate screen was very similar indeed to the TeamSpeak softare we use when playing Eve Online.  When the tutor asks a yes or no question, you answer by clicking on a red cross or a green tick.

OU Tutor - "So has anyone done this course before ?  Ah, I see a lot of red crosses.."

YS - "X up for fleet, Whoop Whoop we're going on a fast roam"

OU Tutor - "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that, anyway as I was saying, everything has gone red..."

YS - "EVERYTHING'S GONE RED, RED SPIKE IN SECTOR, WARP FOR YOUR SAFE SPOTS"

System message - you have been disconncted from this lesson.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment