Saturday, July 24, 2010

Risotto

When it comes to cooking dinner for Meg and myself, I can be basically lazy, and so making risotto is great on two counts, it tastes good, and you can chuck it all in one pan making cooking nice and simple.

One of my favourite ingredients is chorizo sausage, the one I have used in the risotto is the larger, mild, salami sized sausage, but any chorizo is good, it infuses the risotto with its piquant richness.

Ingredients, I don't measure anything, it's all just chucked in.

Finely diced onion, diced celery, thin sliced mushrooms, diced chorizo, chopped garlic, these are sauteed for a couple of minutes before adding the Arborio rice.  Then add some white wine and good flavoured chicken stock and cook out until the risotto has reached the correct consistency. 

Just before the end of cooking, chuck in some parmesan, peas and diced cooked chicken breast and a splash of cream, I grilled a few extra bits of chorizo to go on top.

1 comment:

  1. I've checked my diary, and I'm fairly free. When can I come round to dinner? }:8)

    I love chorizo. And grilled chorizo is just heaven. A quadrupling of the flavour intensity with a little crunch!

    ReplyDelete