Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Restaurant Reviews, I'm Not Doing Them Any More

But if I did, I'd have to say that last night's dinner at Farsyde was quite wonderful.  The restaurant was packed, but service was good and the food arrived promptly, and the food was brilliant. I had a trio of tuna in 3 different marinades, all were soft, succulent and brimming with flavour, my duck main course was pink and tender with a nicely flavoured jus, an apple tartlet and a confit rosti, great levels of invention and superbly cooked as always.

On Monday night I had rump steak at Bart'at  with some very decently priced South African Pinotage and a pint or three from their ever changing selection of cask ales, good flavoured steak, just right for a blokes night out/put the world to rights session.

Today I had planned to dine at Azucar in Leeds, but having taken the opening times from a listings site and not from their own site we arrived to find it closed. We wandered along the road to Ciao Bella and had the special lunch menu, I had pate and pizza, Stuart went for garlic creamed mushrooms then pasta with olives and anchovies, it was OK rather than brilliant, great company though.  Afterwards we exchanged birthday books, Stuart got The City And The City by China Mieville from me, I got Cider With Rosie by Laurie Lee from Stuart, thence on to Leeds' most ancient drinking establishment Whitelocks for some more beers.

Nice to have a few shifts off, back to work now.

2 comments:

  1. Squirt9:46 am

    Glad to hear you've had some time off hon xx

    ReplyDelete