Saturday, July 03, 2010

abstract art, 000-444compo.oil in paper artist...Image via Wikipedia
Zemified ?

You might notice a little button at the bottom of my posts, plus a slightly new layout for inserting pictures into blog posts. I'm trying out Zementa, a gadget available on Blogger and elsewhere.

Zemanta adds a dialogue box in your Blogger editor which allows you to pull in related pictures and links while you are writing your article without the need to separately search for pics and info, now that sounds neat to me, as long as the pool of associated art and articles is large enough.

Ah, I have found a minor downside already, having clicked on the piece of abstract art to add it to my post (and I have no real idea what relevance it has to what I was writing about) I now don't know what the picture is without publishing and following the link, hey ho.

Some of the pics and articles offered seem to have an incredibly tenuous connection to my writing, of the pics I can see a picture of Stephanie Pearl-Macphee aka The Yarn Harlot, Hugo Spowers of River Simple, and a photograph of a man holding an egg, the relevance of any of these is a mystery to me.

Also, by clicking in the dialogue box I can add links to the end of articles pointing you to relevant information, or just other stuff I couldn't be bothered researching properly.



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I shall have to give this a try myself. And no, my blog isn't dead, and yes, I am going to post again. I decided to ditch the doctors and pharmaceuticals, which has made for a rather "intense" period of adjustment. I'm much better off going the natural route and am glad that I did it, but holy cow, cold turkey is not for sissies! Perhaps I should resurrect Tame the Shrew as that title would definitely fit these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Andraz from Zemanta here. Actually before you insert an image you hover can over the it in the gallery, it will show the popup explaining what it is. If you want even more information, you can click on the link inside popup called "more info".

    The same goes for related articles :)

    Have fun and let us know how you like it via http://getsatisfaction.com or support@zemanta.com

    bye
    Andraz Tori, Zemanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Andraz, nice to get info direct from the horses mouth :-)

    ReplyDelete