Yorkshire Soul's Rambling Quiz Series 7.6
Anyone can enter, there are no prizes, it's just for fun.
Please don't put answers in the comments.
E-mail your answers to me with QUIZ 7.5 as the title, email@example.com, on/by Sat 22nd May.
Please don't supply multiple possible answers, I will mark them all as wrong.
1) Why do people think that St. Bernard rescue dogs carry a brandy barrel ? (1)
2) Who is this ? (1)
3) During WW2 there was a German plot to destroy the British economy by air dropping vast quntities of forged bank notes into Britain, what code name did Germany give to this (failed) plot ? (1)
4) A happy couple on their wedding day, but who is the groom ? (1)
5) Which work contains the characters Biterolf, Hermann, Venus, Wolfram and Elisabeth, and who wrote it ? (2)
6) What is the name of this island ? (1)
7) What is the name of this item ? (1)
8) What is the name of the dinner which celebrates the life and birthday of Charles Darwin ? (1)
9) What creature grows a detachable harpoon which it uses to stab its partner as the opening sequence of their mating ritual ? (1)
10) Who is this rather relaxed looking chap ? (1)
Please don't answer in the comments, the quiz takes me ages to write.