Yorkshiresoul's Rambling Quiz Series 7.5
Anyone can enter, there are no prizes, it's just for fun.
Please don't put answers in the comments.
E-mail your answers to me with QUIZ 7.5 as the title, firstname.lastname@example.org, on/by Thurs 15th March.
Please don't supply multiple possible answers, I will mark them all as wrong.
1) What is the origin of half time in a game of football ? (1)
2) Which traditionally land based game is an island nation hoping to play above the water, and how ? (1)
3) Which country has unveiled a new economic policy of which the stated aim is to more than double the per capita income of that nation's citizens by 2020 ? (1)
4) What is the name of this flag, and amongst national flags, what special status does it hold ? (2)
5) Who is this ? (1)
6) Who made a four hour speech in the House Of Commons in May 1789 that would lead to a worldwide shift in human rights ? (1)
7) What is the name of this painting, and who painted it ? (1)
8) This ship holds a notable place in world naval history, what is its name and what makes it notable ? (2)
9) What is the name of this character, and which real life actor is he modelled on ? (2)
10) Name the artist whose tower will stand in front of the Olympic Stadium in London ? (1)
Please don't put any answers in the comments, it takes me ages to write the quizzes, thanks.