Yorkshiresoul's Rambling Quiz 7.3 Answers And League
1) This is an edible plant, what is it called ? (1)
This is the Cherry Eggplant, or Makuea Poung.
2) Which of these is a Scottish invention ? (1)
Bovril, Bagpipes were mentioned in the Bible, Whisky was drunk in ancient China, Haggis was invented in Greece and Porridge has been found in the stomachs of Neolithic bog bodies in Central Europe, but Bovril was invented by the Scot John Lawson Johnston.
3) What is the name of this painting, and who painted it ? (1)
The Raft Of The Medusa by French artist Theodore Gericault.
4) Who, in 1873, discovered the cause of the disease which the main character in Stephen Donaldson's 'Chronicles' series suffers from ? (1)
Gerhard Hanson discovered the cause of Leprosy, the disease which the character Thomas Covenant suffers from.
5) Who is this ? (1)
Indie / pop / rock band The Killers.
6) What should come next in this list ? (1)
Never On Sunday
Days Of Wine And Roses
Call Me Irresponsible, this is a list of the Oscar winners for Best Original Song.
7) Who is this ? (1)
George Papandreou the President of Greece.
8) Where was the Guillotine invented ? (1)
At Halifax in Yorkshire, the Halifax Gibbet was in use from 1286.
9) Which city is this ? (1)
10) What should come next in this list ? (1)
Camden Town NW1
Kentish Town NW5, a list of the London NW postcodes.
Dave P 8
Tony G 4
Quiz 7 Leaders
Dave Podmore 23
Mr Moosehead 19
Tony Gott 16
Well done folks, and despite comments that this round of the quiz seemed abnormally difficult Eleanor and Dave both scored highly. As always, I'm certainly not infallible, so if it appears that I have made a mess of your points or got an question wrong, please do point it out.
I'll try to get the next round written for early next week.