Yorkshire Soul's Rambling Quiz Series 7 Restart
Part 1 Answers
1) Name both of these actors (1 point), and the film they are appearing in (1 point) ?
Gregory Peck and Larry Niven in The Guns Of Navarone.
2) What is the highest known mountain in the Solar System ? (1 point)
Olympus Mons on Mars.
3) Residents of which part of the world call this flag their own ? (1 point)
4) What is the largest living thing ? (1 point)
The Honey Fungus, Armillaria Ostoyae, the largest example of which spreads beneath 2,200 acres of Oregon forest.
5) What is this wonderful building, and where in the world is it ? (1 point)
This is the Hemispheric (or, La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias) in Valencia.
6)What human made artifacts can be seen, with the naked eye, from the moon ? (1 point) *I should have made clear, artifacts on Earth, and as I did not various other answers were suggested, sorry folks, I'll try to keep the questions more exact.
None at all, the Great Wall of China is a myth.
7) Who is this ? (1 point)
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
8) What is similarity links the Italian regions of Umbria, Aosta Valley and Piedmont ? (1 point)
They are all land locked.
9) Who is this ? (1 point)
Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly.
10) Which of these are Chinese inventions ? (1 point)
b) Chop Suey
d) Fortune Cookie
Chop Suey was called Tsap Seui, meaning 'various scraps' and originates in Canton, glass was invented in Egypt, the rickshaw by an American living in Yokohama, and fortune cookies by Japanese restauranter in San Francisco.
Quiz 7.1 League
Mr Moosehead 9
Dave Podmore 6
Tony Gott 5
7.2 coming soon......