Saturday, October 17, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009



I'm going to have a go again, having 'won' Nano 2008 and finished a 50,000 word novella in the one month time limit I am rather keen to make it 2 from 2.

The essence of Nano is to get people to write quantity and not to worry too much about the quality, which along with many thousands of Nano participants I'm very grateful for, I don't think my completed sci-fi effort from last year would really stand up to much literary criticism.

I began last year's Nano a few days late, and without a clear idea of what I wanted to do, this year I have a vague outline for my project ready. This year I want to have a go at a specific genre that has always interested me, I have read many novels in the post-apocalypse field and I am intrigued by the thought of vanished society and vacant cities, plus zombies. I've always found the walking, stumbling dead to be the most terrible of all the horror genre creatures, and the 28 Days style running, screaming, gibbering dead were even worse, so a zombie apocalypse it is.

You will be able to check on my progress over on the NaNoWriMo site.

If anyone else is doing Nano this year, please do get in touch and we can be writing buddies on the site, encouragement is always good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I was going to do NaNo but I'm now volunteering at the Leeds Film Festival so won't have any free time for the first three weeks of the month. If you decide to make it 3 for 3 then I'll buddy you as I'm definitely doing it next year as part of my 101 goals.

    Ooh, if you've not already signed up for the Leeds/York NaNo region I recommend it as they are fairly active and do word wars, write ins etc. :)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm signed up for the Leeds/York group and have introduced myself, I'm raring to get started this year.

    ReplyDelete