Tuesday, June 02, 2009

TBR Challenge 2009 - Done

1) Shipwrecked On Top Of The World - David Roberts***
2) Shakespeare - Bill Bryson*****
3) The Geographer's Library - Jon Fasman*
4) Atonement - Ian McEwan****
5) Omega - Jack McDevitt****
6) Kim - Rudyard Kipling***
7) A Piece Of Cake - Cupcake Brown*****
8) The Bible : The Biography - Karen Armstrong**
9) Life During Wartime - Lucius Shepherd**
10) Rubicon Beach - Steve Erikson***
11) Taking On The World - Ellen MacArthur***
12) John Peel - Mick Wall****

The Bible - The Biography was the last of my dozen shelf lingerers that I got through, although I do try and read outside my sci-fi comfort zone, this one was a real struggle, akin to being plunged into a Master's Degree in RE without having taken the O Level. Still, at least now I know my Ekstasis from my Exegesis.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished Atonement. Incredibly sad story, but very well written. Even though I knew the ending before I started reading it, the writing made it a compelling read. Bill Bryson's Shakespeare intrigues me, so I have added it to my wish list. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete