Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Hollie Swain - Photographer/Model/Artist

‘I am the subject matter, the figure, the model, the body in the landscape and the shape your eyes fall on, perceive, look into, judge, pull apart and admire. I construct, direct, produce, I am all that these images are.’ - Hollie Swain




Cousin Hollie, in addition to being breathtakingly beautiful, is also very bright (she gained a 1st in her degree) and is talented behind the camera as well as in front of it.

You can see some of Hollie's work over here on Aukesson, and if you like it, you can buy copies as well.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, yes. But some of her modelling shots are a little on the disturbing side. Dead in a stream is not what most models would use as a promotional shot, is it? Or perhaps I’m just old and out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean, but it has a Gothic touch to it, beautiful girls dead in the water - that's my calendar on the wall at work. The dead girl in the moorland stream was Hollie's final piece for her degree, I think it's my favourite of the work for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirt7:14 pm

    I find knowing & loving the subject matter, difficult to see her dead in the water!
    But it is wonderful dramatic art, and she is hugely talented. A huge inspiration, hope it makes you happy Hols. Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I didn't intend to sound negative. Moving stuff, perhaps that's the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hollie1:57 am

    Aw thank you for putting this on, lovely lovely... But i will say one thing, my images are not about death, 'open your minds'..... much love, holl xxx

    ReplyDelete