Sunday, June 28, 2009

Broughton Hall Game Fair



Which is held annually at the rather lovely old pile that is Broughton Hall.



A game fair is a country show for country folk, if you're a vegan, townie, animal rights freak, this probably isn't the day out for you.



Awesome, I was tempted, but as P pointed out, what the hell was I going to do with it ?



I do know what to do with this though, large roast pork butty with crackling please, and the beer tent was open at 10am, well it would have been rude not to.



Meg and Kayleigh on the wobbly bridge. Various charities run stalls and events at the game fair, but close to my own interests are the brave volunteers of the Cave Rescue Organisation (they rescue lost old beardy blokes from hills and mountains as well, should I ever need them), and they charge a small toll to cross these bridges as part of their fundraising effort.



A horny ram, no sniggering at the back there.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure that all of the activities were great, but I'd really rather just have a good snout around the interior of that gorgeous building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cool. I did our local game fair at Carlton Towers last year and they really are a great day out. But like to say not really of grass chompers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hall is just a private residence Eleanor, I'm not sure that it is open to the public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd gain access somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete