Sunday, May 17, 2009

R.I.P. - Satire

It is with great sorrow that the comedians and script writers of the United Kingdom have to announce the death of satire.

With the current crop of apparently factual news headlines such as....

"MP Claimed Tax Payers Money To Clean Moat"

...it has been universally agreed that there is nothing a mere penner of puns can create that is more incredulous than the actual stories pouring out of the House Of Commons this week, and as such it has been agreed that this week was not only the death of political trust, it was also the death of political satire.

1 comment:

  1. Bugger, I don't even have a Moat.

    I feel so unfulfilled and insecure.

    Dear Mr Grogan (MP for Selby area) if you even consider canvassing my village, I suggest that you add increasing the cost of security in prisons to your tax payers burden. Simply because, if I don’t manage to kill you the first time round I’ll wait out my sentence and make sure I get you when I’m released. As sentences go this should be an enjoyable one!

    Or in a shorter fashion, Labour hum, now let me think. (Because they didn’t)

    ReplyDelete