Yorkshire Soul's Rambling Quiz Series 7.2: Answers
Oh dear, was it all a bit sudden then ? Only two quizzers last week...
Mr Moosehead 8
1) Whose national flag is this ?
2) In which country could you spend this banknote ?
3) Which city is this, and a bonus point if you get the building name as well ?
Warsaw, Palace of Culture and Science
4) Name this woman ?
5) Name this man ?
B B King
6) In mathematics, name the rule that assigns a unique value to each item of a given set ?
7) What is the Japanese drama form influenced by Zen, originally performed by Buddhist priests which features almost no plot or characterisation but which seeks to provide a moment of insight using masks, dance, music and song ?
8) Name the situation in nature where two species live in close association but only one partner benefits, and the other partner neither gains nor loses ?
9) This city was built on land purchased from the Maoris, it handles about 60% of its nation's trade and has the highest Polynesian population of any city in the world, name it ?
10) Which author is famous for portraying lonely, disaffected characters frustrated bu the boring, conformist world. He shot to fame with the publication of his debut, and only, novel in 1951 ?
J D Salinger
1) Mr Moosehead 18
1) MR 18
3) Amelia S 8
4) Dominic L 6
5) Penny Farthing 5
What happened to the other quizzers then ? Oh well, next instalment....sometime ;-)
Good luck, and please don't put answers in the comments.