Monday, April 06, 2009

Tommy Jarvis 1910 - 2009



Peacefully in hospital on the 2nd of April aged 98 years. Dearly beloved husband of the late Elsie, loving father of Jack and Alan, Father in law of the late Kathleen, Grandfather of Michael, Elizabeth, Kirsten, Thomas and William, Great Grandfather to Joseph, Ellie, John and Aimee.

Funeral service to be held at Rawdon crematorium on Wednesday 15th April at 1.40pm, family flowers only, donations may be made at the service to either the Injured Jockeys Fund or Ward 3 Airedale Hospital. Please dress up for a day at the races, this will be a celebration of a long life well lived.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, YS. Sincere condolences from me and mine to you and yours.

    What a long, grand life your grandad lived, though. From the tidbits you've mentioned over the past few years, there was lots of spirit there into very old age. Your references to him always made me smile, as I adore feisty elderly gents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be speaking at the service so I'll post the speech after I have given it, he's been a real character so hopefully I can raise a few smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do him proud, YS, no doubt about it. I'll have a drink in his honour on the day ... "but just the one, mind." I hope I remembered that Tommy quote correctly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lurker11:02 am

    So sorry Mick. RIP Grandad Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sorry to hear of your loss YS. 98, not a bad age though.

    ReplyDelete