Friday, November 14, 2008

Niagara Horseshoe Falls



Although this is probably one of the most photographed places in the world, and despite the fact that you could spend some dollars and buy some truly awesome pictures of this natural spectacle taken by talented professionals, the urge for us amateurs to shoot pic after pic after pic is just overwhelming.

On holiday, you're not trying to prove that you're better than the pro's, but your own pictures serve as a powerful and personally pleasing aide de memoire later on. I love looking back through my photo albums from holidays and hikes and thinking, that was me, I was there, at that very spot, that was us, there we were, it it the memories you take photographs for. If they turn out to be good shots, so much the better, if not, then it's still the thing I saw as I stood there, that I want to be reminded of in the years to come.



This was us look, at that very spot over looking the American falls. As there are only the two of us we often end up with holiday photographs featuring either one or the other us, but not often us as a couple, so thanks to the gentleman who offered to take this for us.



Meg getting wet on the 'Cave Of The Winds' tour, which didn't feature a cave, or much wind, but did have an awful lot of spray from the falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment