The Longest Running Yorkshire Soul Quiz (So Far)
6.9 Answers and League
1) Would you let goats run free in your vineyard or your tea plantation ? (2)
In your vineyard, no, they would eat all the grapes and leaves, but there is a chemical in tea leaves that goats cannot stand so they eat the weeds and fertilise the tea with their droppings but the tea bushes remain untouched.
2) What musical acronym would encompass Iron Maiden, Budgie and Tygers Of Pan Tang ? (1)
NWOBHM - New Wave Of British Heavy Metal
3) What is the advertising tag line used on posters on the the London Underground that has caused one American state to order an audit of its own tourist office ? (1)
"South Carolina is so Gay !"
4) What advice was offered by gas supplier Centrica's Managing director after revealing that prices may rise as much as 60% next year ? (1)
"It's two jumpers instead of one"
5) Who is this, and what is his most famous and enduring creation ? (2)
Kermit Love, designer of Big Bird.
6) Who is this, and what sporting record has he recently achieved ? (2)
Mark Cavendish was the first Brit to get 4 stage wins in the Tour de France.
7) Who is this, and what does she do when she isn't appearing in beauty pageants ? (2)
Katerina Hodge is a L/Cpl in the Royal Anglian Regiment
8) What is this building called ? (1)
Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang
9) Who is this ? (1)
10) What is the name of the French political group who tried to prevent the execution of Louis XVI but who were expelled from National Congress by the Jacobins ? (1)
This Week's Scores
Mr Moosehead 9
1) Didier 95
1) MR 92
3) Dominic L 67
4) Chez 53
5) Tony G 49
5) Mr Moosehead 49
7) Squirt 36
8) James Hill 34
9) Penny Farthing 31
10) Alistair Taylor 31
11) Dr P 30
12) James Horne 27
13) Lyle 16
14) Stephanie 6
I won't make any rash promises about when I might get the final round done !